To access the Luther College network, a workstation must meet certain minimum requirements (up-to-date antivirus, and a fully patched operating system). College-owned computers should have already been registered on your behalf. To connect a non college-owned computer to the Luther College network, registration is required for full Internet access. If you only need basic web access, you can connect to the LCGuest (http://www.luther.edu/helpdesk/guestwireless/) Wireless network where registration is not required.
Upon completing this 1-on-1 training, you will be able to:
1. Make sure you are connected to the LCWireless Network.
2. Open any web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc) to get started.
3. You will immediately be directed to the site, http://network.luther.edu
4. Familiarize yourself with the Network Usage Policy then select Agree
5. Listed are three options. Most will select the first option.
6. Fill out the prompted fields with the appropriate information (i.e. Norse Key Username and Password)
7. Click Login and Download Agent.
8. Save the Agent to a location on your computer (i.e. Desktop).
9. Double-click the Agent to scan the computer. This may take several minutes.
Successful Scan: If you see that the scan was successful you will need to reboot your computer to complete the registration. Mobile devices may have to turn Wireless off and then on again in order to properly access the network.
Failed Scan: If your computer failed to pass the scan, you will need to resolve the listed problems in order to access the Internet. Failed scans are most often due to anti-virus software and/or operating systems being out of date. To minimize the risk of failing, check to see if everything is up to date before running the scan. Refer to the troubleshooting section below to fully understand how to resolve the problem(s).
A computer may fail to be registered for any of the following reasons.
Please see http://www.luther.edu/helpdesk/guestwireless/ for more information on the LCGuest Wireless Network.