A collaboration of services and departments on campus provides education, motivation, and guidance to maintain a healthy living environment.
These opportunities are made possible by an estate gift by the late Nena Amundson '56, who taught physical education and coached woman's athletics for more that 40 years, primarily at California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks.
- Keep all car doors locked and windows closed while in or out of your car
- Set your alarm or use an anti-theft device
- If you must shop at night, park in a well-lit area
- Never leave your running car unoccupied with children inside
- Do not leave valuables in plain sight, in an unlocked car
Automated Teller Machine (ATM) Tips
- If you must use an ATM, choose one that is located inside a mall or well lit area
- Withdraw only the amount of cash needed
- Protect PIN by shielding the ATM keypad
- Do not throw away ATM receipt at the ATM location
- Shop during daylight hours whenever possible
- Avoid carrying large amount of cash
- Keep cash in front pocket
- Purchase with credit card or check whenever possible
- Notify the credit card company immediately if personal card is lost, stolen, or misused
The mission of the Nena Amundson Lifetime Wellness Program is to enhance the personal, professional, and academic well-being of students, faculty, and staff at Luther College by promoting a lifestyle that touches many dimensions of wellness.
Warm up with these hearty soups! (PDF)