The Office of Student Engagement provides a wide range of student services and activities. It develops living and learning environments where you have access to:
- Services that enhance your success
- Programs that foster responsibility, independence, leadership and service
- Opportunities where you’re both challenged and supported
- Services that help you move toward an integrated sense of personal identity and life goals
- Intentional communities that develop healthy relationships and lifestyles and create an openness to diverse backgrounds
- Policies that include community values of high expectations and mutual respect
The Office of Student Engagement also coordinates the following:
- Welcome Week
- General information on student engagement programs, services, co-curricular programming, and other collaborative efforts on campus
- Student files
- Student handbook
- Grievance procedures
- Harassing conduct complaints
- Leaves of absence
- Withdrawal and reentry procedures
- Student directory
- Sexual harassment/abuse complaints
Submit a Care Report
Submitting a care report is a way for Luther community members to alert the Office of Student Engagement when students are experiencing personal difficulty so that Student Engagement staff may intervene appropriately. We encourage you to report a student as soon as a concern arises. We have found that early interventions are critical to personal and academic success for students.
Report Bias Incident
At Luther, acts of bias go against our mission and our community values. We seek to provide you a timely response and support. Bias refers to language and/or behaviors against persons because of, but not limited to, others’ actual or perceived: age, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity/expression, genetic information, national origin, race/ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or veteran status.
If you or someone you know may have experienced a bias incident, hate act, hate crime, harassment, or discrimination on campus or in the Decorah community, please report a bias incident.
Report Sexual Misconduct
If you or someone you know may have experienced sexual misconduct on campus or in the Decorah community, please complete the Sexual Misconduct Support Form.
Luther College is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment where all members of the community—students, faculty, staff, and visitors—are treated with respect and dignity.
Therefore, the college will not tolerate sexual misconduct in any form. Sexual misconduct is not only an act against an individual; it is also an act that affects the entire college community. Sexual misconduct, fondling, rape, relationship violence, and stalking are inconsistent with our educational mission, and students found responsible for such acts are subject to disciplinary measures up to and including expulsion. Supportive measures are available to impacted individuals even without a formal process, for more information please visit the Get Help Now webpage.