Purchasing and Payment
Note: Some Forms can now be filled out on-line, but must be printed and mailed to our office.
Please contact the Office for Financial Services with any questions.
External Purchasing- Policies & Procedures
- Amazon Business Procedures
- Commercial (Credit) Card Policy
- Commercial Card Expense Reporting Instructions
- Travel Reimbursement for Travel Expenses
- Rental Vehicle Insurance
- Purchasing and Payment of Expenses
- Sales Tax Exemption
- Faculty Handbook – Forms (see section 513)
- Christmas Cheer
- Flowers, Gifts, and Contributions of Food or Memorial Funds
- Uniform Grant Regulations for Principal Investigators of Federal Awards
External Purchasing Forms (pdf)
- Commercial Card Application
- Missing Receipt Form
- Travel Reimbursement Request (if you experience issues, try a different browser)
- Payment Voucher (if you experience issues, try a different browser)
- ACUPCC Air Mileage Form
- Vendor Selection Form
- Dollar Tree Tax Exempt Barcode
- W9 Tax Form and Cover Letter – To submit your W9 and Cover Sheet via an encrypted system, upload here
Internal Purchasing Policies and Procedures
- Bookshop Charges and Discounting Benefits
- Guest House – Sperati
- US Cellular Employee Discount
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discount
- Mail Services
Internal Purchasing Forms (pdf)
Frequently Asked Questions
Allow 5 working days for processing. To avoid delays, submit original detailed receipts with your request. We process checks on Wednesdays but need your payment voucher by Tuesday.
If alcoholic beverages or Iowa sales tax were included, your reimbursement was reduced by those amounts.
The payee’s social security number, payee’s home address, and documentation of the financial terms of the payment agreement should be included with the request so Luther can comply with IRS 1099 requirements. If the honorarium is being requested for a foreign visitor, special IRS rules apply to the payment. Please contact Ann Casper (ext. 1697) if you intend to request a payment for a foreign visitor.
Employees who do regular purchasing can complete the above application and submit it to financial services. The application requires approval from a budget center director and a vice-president.
Call Katrina Nichols (ext. 1533) or Lisa Hadacek (ext. 2104) immediately. Most problems can be resolved in a few minutes over the phone.
Contact Financial Services (ext. 1015). They will provide you information about the states and types of purchases for which Luther is exempt as well as how to avoid payment. They can also provide a certificate to a specific vendor when necessary.
Cardholders will have 5 business days after the end of a billing cycle to complete expense allocations on SDOL. Cardholders will receive an email reminder from Katrina Nicolls that contains the specific allocation due date at the end of every billing cycle in which they used their cards.
You can sign up automatically using norsehub.luther.edu. The appropriate link is titled ‘Direct Deposit (for non-payroll checks)’ and it is located in the Financial Information section of the Employees menu.
To view your on campus charges, both personal and departmental, go to norsecard.luther.edu. You can log in with your NorseKey and password. Transaction history for the month or the year is available for your personal account and any departmental accounts you manage. Please contact the ITS Helpdesk (x1000) with questions.