Dorian All Band Reunion
June 30-July 2, 2023
Registration has closed for the 2023 Dorian All Band Reunion
- Reach out to Susan Potvin (563-387-1267) Director of Music Marketing, with inquires or questions.
Check back soon for the Repertoire List!
- Participants, watch for an email that asks you to share what part you may feel most comfortable with (i.e., trumpet 1, clarinet 3, etc.)
- Parts will be distributed electronically through email in the first half of June. Please print your music and bring it along for the weekend.
Schedule: Dorian All Band Reunion 2023
Friday, June 30
4:00 – 6:00 pm Registration, CFL Lobby
6:00 – 6:30 pm Seating of the Band, CFL Main Hall
6:30 – 8:00 pm Rehearsal, CFL Main Hall
8:00 -10:00 pm Reception, Marty’s, Dahl Centennial Union
Saturday, July 1
Breakfast on your own
9:00 – 11:30 am Rehearsal, CFL Main Hall
11:30 – 1:00 pm Lunch (included in cost), Cafeteria, Dahl Centennial Union
1:00 – 2:30 pm Rehearsal, CFL Main Hall
2:30 – 3:30 pm Break
3:30 – 5:00 pm Rehearsal, CFL Main Hall
Dinner & evening activities on your own.
Sunday, July 2
9:30 – 10:30 am Optional worship service (location TBD)
10:30 am Coffee and seating for brunch (included in cost), Peace Dining Room
11:00 – 12:00 pm Brunch and Program
12:30 pm – 1:15 pm Final Rehearsal, CFL Main Hall
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm Dorian All Band Reunion Performance, CFL Main Hall
- Click here to make an on-campus housing reservation!
- On-campus housing will be in Farwell Hall and includes a shared bathroom & shower room (with private stalls), linen packet (2 flat sheets, pillow case, towel, wash cloth), pillow and blanket. You’ll need to bring any additional items you wish to have for your personal comfort, such as toiletries, hangers, reading lamp, alarm clock, etc.
- If you reserve a double room, you’ll have a chance to enter your roommate’s name on the housing form. All room types (single or double) will have a chance to offer names of people you’d like to try to have a room near. Farwell Hall is set up in cluster settings, meaning that a common living-room type area is surrounded by a perimeter of single and double rooms. We’ll do our best to assign rooms in proximity to requested peers.
- If you plan to secure housing within or near the Decorah community, we encourage you to make reservations early.
- Reminiscing with peers from your years as as Luther band member
- Honoring past conductors of the Luther bands
- Forging new connections to further strengthen the Luther band community
- Enjoying free time in and around beautiful Decorah, Iowa
- Playing your instrument with other musicians in a large ensemble
- Premiering two brand-new band commissions honoring Fred Nyline, composed by Kathy Fenske `86 and Jack Stamp
As we prepare to gather together for the reunion, we invite you to support the Luther College music program and the talented students it serves. Learn more about the available funds and how to designate your gift in honor or in memory of someone who may have shaped your experience at Luther!
- $125 through May 15; $140 after May 15.
- Includes music, meals (Friday reception, Saturday lunch, Sunday brunch/program), t-shirt, and facility/venue fees.
- $75 through May 15; $85 after May 15.
- Includes meals (as listed above) and facility/venue fees.
Registration for the 2023 Dorian All Band Reunion is now open!
Click the tab below to view our schedule for this summer’s band reunion!
Are you curious about who else is attending the reunion so far?
Below is a list of attendees that will be periodically updated. We’ve still got space for lots more, so spread the word to your friends — even if they aren’t alumni of Luther! All are welcome.
Reach out to Susan Potvin (563-387-1267) Director of Music Marketing, with questions.