Human Resources is excited to launch UKG Ready, a new software tool. As we use UKG, we will continue to add customizations and enable new modules, so please be prepared for the system to evolve as we use it.
In the first stage of our implementation, UKG Ready will replace HireTouch, the applicant tracking systems we have used for faculty and staff recruitment since 2013. HireTouch has been discontinued as a product.
Please see our Welcome to UKG Ready document for instructions on how to log in to UKG Ready, how to use UKG Ready to manage a faculty or staff recruitment process, or how current employees should apply for jobs at Luther College.
Are you an external candidate considering a career at Luther College? Please see our Luther Careers site for links to open positions, summaries of employee benefits, and much more!
We are excited to announce that staff meetings will resume in September 2023. They are held on Wednesdays at 2 p.m., and Thursdays at 9 a.m., in Peace Dining Room unless otherwise noted. Each month the Wednesday and Thursday agendas are the same. Two meetings are offered each month (other than December) so that staff can arrange for offices to be covered and allow everyone the opportunity to attend. The December meeting is only once and is designed for a fun hour to gather, visit with others, as well as the possibility of singing, laughter, and games.
Dates for 2023-24 Academic Year
Mon. Aug. 28th at 9:00 a.m., Faculty and Staff Town Hall (Note: Will be held in CFL Main Hall)
Wed. Sep. 13th at 2 p.m. (Note: Will be held in Mott-Borlaug)
Thurs. Sep. 14th at 9 a.m.
Wed. Oct. 11th at 2 p.m.
Thurs. Oct. 12th at 9 a.m.
Wed. Nov. 8th, at 2 p.m. (Note: Will be held in Mott-Borlaug)
Thurs. Nov. 9th, at 9 a.m.
Staff Christmas Party:
Thurs. Dec 7th, 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Wed. Jan. 10th, at 2 p.m.
Thurs. Jan. 11th, at 9 a.m.
Wed. Feb. 7th, at 2 p.m.
Thurs. Feb. 8th, at 9 a.m.
Wed. Mar 13th at 2 p.m.
Thurs. Mar 14th, at 9 a.m.
Wed. Apr. 10th at 2 p.m.
Thurs. Apr. 11th at 9 a.m.
May TBD, Faculty and Staff Town Hall; Note: Will be held in CFL Main Hall
Staff Meeting Committee Members:
- Laura Barlament
- Matthew Bills
- Bridget Christopher
- Eric Ellingsen
- Shelley Hurst
- Kari Koch
- Kay Schmitt
- Erin Zidlicky
We would love to have new members join the committee, as well. Please consider volunteering!
Luther College observes the following holidays and paid closures:
Good Friday – Friday, April 7, 2023
Memorial Day Holiday – Monday, May 29, 2023
Juneteenth Holiday – Monday, June 19, 2023
Independence Day – Holiday Tuesday, July 4, 2023
Thanksgiving Closure – Wednesday, November 22, 2023 (campus closes at 3:00pm)
Thanksgiving Holiday – Thursday, November 23, 2023
Thanksgiving Holiday – Friday, November 24, 2023
Winter Closure – Friday, December 22, 2023
Christmas Holiday – Monday, December 25, 2023
Christmas Holiday – Tuesday, December 26, 2023
Winter Closure – Wednesday, December 27, 2023
Winter Closure – Thursday, December 28, 2023
New Year’s Holiday – Friday, December 29, 2023
New Year’s Holiday – Monday, January 1, 2024
Good Friday – Friday, March 29, 2024
Memorial Day – Monday, May 27, 2024
The College will celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. the week of January 15.
Staff Excellence Awards recognize exemplary performance by staff members who consistently excel in their positions and demonstrate integrity and a strong commitment to the mission and values of Luther College. A secondary purpose is to enable members of the staff to more fully experience the educational mission the college provides its students.
The following criteria will be considered in the review of nominations:
- Outstanding Achievement and Performance: consistently and substantially exceeds the expectations of the position, performing at a level above and beyond normal job requirements; has made important and significant contributions in their area; has furthered the mission of the college.
- Personal Interaction: consistently and substantially demonstrates an ability and willingness to work positively, respectfully, and effectively with others; has significantly improved “customer service” or has increased student satisfaction in their area; demonstrates ability and willingness to manage changes in work priorities, procedures, and organization.
- Initiative and Creativity: has significantly improved a work process or system, or has significantly increased the efficiency of an operation or department; consistently seeks to improve the quality of work assigned; demonstrates efforts to expand work responsibilities.
Two staff members will be selected each year, normally one exempt and one non-exempt employee. The recipients will be announced at the annual December staff meeting or similar event. Recipients will be given the opportunity to choose from one of two prizes:
- A Luther-affiliated educational opportunity that the college will fund to a maximum of $4,000. Staff members wishing to participate in a program that costs more than $4,000 will need to make up the difference. Participation will be counted as work time.
- A cash payment of $1,000 that will be processed through payroll. All applicable payroll taxes will be deducted.
Nominations should address one or more of the criteria listed above and be submitted through the online Nomination Form found on the Human Resources website. Any current member of the staff or faculty can submit a nomination. No self-nominations will be accepted and all nominations will be confidential. The Director of Human Resources will forward all nominations to the President’s Cabinet for their selection.
LinkedIn Learning is an online course website offering video courses taught by industry experts in software, creative, and business skills. All faculty, staff, and students should visit linkedinlearning.luther.edu and sign in with their Norse Key username and password to access this service.
CELT has curated a selection of videos for both faculty development and for faculty to share with students for their skill acquisition. Videos cover a variety of topics from basic computer skills to Excel productivity tips.
If there is a skill that you would like to see on the list please submit your request on CELT’s LinkedIn Learning Request form.