Homeschooled Student Admissions Requirements
If you have been homeschooled at any point during your high school years, you should follow this application process.
Five Application Steps
- Complete our online application or choose to complete the Common Application
- Ask a teacher or counselor to fill out the Educator’s Reference form and send it to us. (A letter of reference via mail or email is also acceptable.)
- Submit an essay. You can write a new one or submit something you’ve already written.
- Send a homeschool transcript (see details below).
- Send your ACT or SAT Test Scores.
Official transcripts are also required for all coursework completed at other accredited institutions, such as community colleges or universities.
Homeschool Transcript Details
Each homeschooled applicant must provide a transcript, or other documentation in lieu of the transcript, as noted below:
- If the homeschooled applicant has completed high school under the auspices of a diploma-granting organization, the applicant must provide to Luther College an official transcript from the diploma-granting organization.
- If the homeschooled applicant has completed the high school experience independent of any diploma-granting organization, Luther College requires evidence of the applicants preparation for college. The applicant must provide:
- A homeschool transcript listing all courses, including English, mathematics, science, social science, and foreign language courses
- GED test results