The Center for Ethics and Public Engagement reserves a portion of its endowment funding to support programming organized by departments and student groups on campus. The amount of funding available in each academic year is dependent on a variety of factors, including the state of the endowment and the other demands upon it in a given year. Decisions regarding appointment of programming funds will be decided by the Advisory Board of the CEPE according to the following criteria. The strongest applications will:
- Fit clearly within the mission of the CEPE
- Speak clearly to the theme of the CEPE for the year in which programming will occur
- Appeal to a broad contingent of the Luther community (students, faculty, staff)
- Appeal beyond campus, to members of the broader Decorah community
- Demonstrate collaboration and/or cooperation between various campus constituencies
- Clearly demonstrate careful planning
Funding decisions are made by the CEPE board, which meets monthly. Please make your request with enough notice for the board to discuss your proposal at their next monthly meeting. As you complete this form, if you have questions, please contact the CEPE or the offices indicated in parentheses.
Note: Because the CEPE is often busy with its own programming, we ask that the applicants coordinate the necessary publicity for the event.