Declare or Change a Major/Minor

Listed below are the majors, minors, and special programs currently offered at Luther College. It is important to keep on file with the Registrar’s Office an accurate listing of your intended major(s) and minor(s).

When you complete this form, please select each major, minor, and special program you are currently pursuing. If you are removing a major or minor, leave those boxes unselected. If a major or minor you have already declared and plan to continue working towards is no longer on this list, email to communicate any changes you wish to make with your major/minor declaration.

Within a few days of completing this form, you will be able to review your progress in each major and minor you have declared by accessing “My Progress” on Norse Hub. It is your responsibility to review your record and notify the Registrar’s Office of any discrepancies.

You will complete the major and/or minor requirements from the catalog year under which you entered Luther College. The department head for the major and/or minor must notify the Registrar’s Office of any approved exceptions to this.

If a major or minor was available in the catalog year you became a degree-seeking student, and has since been discontinued, you may still declare the major or minor. However, you will need to work with the department to discuss the feasibility for major or minor completion. In some situations, required coursework may no longer be available and there may not be an opportunity for course substitution, thus, making the discontinued major or minor unattainable.

Students who declare an International Studies major or minor should meet with Dr. Orçun Selçuk about the requirements for the major or minor.

  • Current year in school

Office of the Registrar

Main Building 123
700 College Drive
Decorah, Iowa 52101

Phone: 563-387-1167
Fax: 563-387-1129