Distinguished Service Award Nominations
Criteria to consider for Distinguished Service Award (DSA) candidates include professional achievements; service to the community; loyalty to Luther; and exhibiting qualities that exemplify Luther’s mission.
DSA candidates are graduates of 20 years or more. They typically receive the award at Homecoming during an anniversary year of their graduation. For the fall of 2024, for example, Luther is seeking nominees from classes ending in a “4” or “9.”
The nomination deadline for Homecoming 2024 is January 15, 2024.
All nominations are confidential. Nominees will only be notified only if they have been selected to receive the award.
Letters of nomination should include the following information:
1) Your name and contact information
2) Nominee’s name and contact information
3) Additional degree(s) the nominee received after Luther (if applicable)
4) The nominee’s professional achievements
5) The nominee’s record of service to the community
6) Ways the nominee exhibits qualities that exemplify Luther College’s mission
The letter may be mailed to:
Office of Alumni Relations
Attn: DSA Selection Committee
700 College Drive
Decorah, Iowa 52101
Or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org