Application for Special Registration
Use this form to register for one of the following:
- Directed Study (285): Opportunity to pursue individualized learning with a faculty member in January term, within or outside the major, at the sophomore level or above.
- Directed Study (295): Opportunity to pursue individualized learning with a faculty member in the fall, spring or summer terms, within or outside the major, at the sophomore level or above.
- Directed Readings (375): Opportunity to follow a prescribed reading list under the direction of a faculty member.
- Directed Research (389): Opportunity to get involved in a research project under the supervision of a faculty member.
- Independent Study (395): Offered as a way to design a course of study not otherwise available in the curriculum.
- Course by Arrangement: If a course is not offered in a semester, you can, with special permission, complete the course on an "arranged" basis with the instructor.
- Application for Special Registration (158 KB PDF Document)Print out this form, obtain appropriate signatures, and turn it into the Registrar's Office by the deadline date to register. IF ADDING THIS COURSE TO YOUR CURRENT REGISTRATION WILL PLACE YOU OVER THE 17 CREDIT HOUR MAXIMUM ALLOWED IN A TERM, BE SURE TO FILL OUT PAGE 2 OF THE FORM.