Transfer Course Approval Form
Students who are interested in completing a class at another institution with the idea of transferring the credits to Luther must complete this form before enrolling in the class. You will be notified as to the acceptability of the credits you propose to transfer.
- All coursework must be completed at an accredited institution.
- We will only accept for transfer those courses in which a grade of C- or above has been earned.
- Transfer credits are not included in the computation of your Luther GPA.
- Only 64 hours from a 2-year college will apply toward your degree.
- Upper-level (300 and 400) courses must be completed at a 4-year college or university.
- Courses completed at another institution will not be accepted for transfer when credit has already been earned (grade of D- or above or grade of Credit) at Luther. If you failed a class at Luther, you can retake the same course at another institution for transfer here but doing so will NOT improve your Luther GPA.
- If the course is being applied toward a major, minor, or general education (except PE skills) requirement, it should have a value of at least 3 semester (not quarter) hours.
- If you have less than 12 hours left to complete your Luther degree, you may, with permission, complete your remaining credits at another institution. Your graduation date will be based on when you completed the coursework and when we received the official transcript.
You must send us an official transcript as soon as you can after the term has ended.
- Transfer Course Approval Form (130 KB PDF Document)Print out this form, complete it, obtain appropriate signatures, attach course descriptions, and turn it in to the Registrar's Office. Allow 48 hours for processing.