9 Things You Didnâ€™t Know About Your College Admissions Counselor
December 20, 2017
Yep, we're the ones who send you all those emails. Here are 9 things you probably didn't know about your college admissions counselor:
1. We actually want to meet you in person!
When we have the chance to talk with you in person, we can get to know you and learn about what's important to you in your college search. The better we know you, the better we can serve you throughout the college search!
2. We want to hear about your high school experience.
We know all the local rivalries, and we want to hear your take"”I mean, can you believe that East High crushed Washington in the semifinal game last week?!
3. We love finding local connections.
It might seem boring to you, but we love finding out that your brother's-best friend's-cousin from two towns over went to our school!
4. We want you to give us your local recommendations.
We travel to high schools all over the state and love checking out what each town has to offer, so we need to know where you think the best coffee is found.
5. We live in your town!
No"”seriously, some of us do! Regional admissions counselors live all over the country in cities away from their institutions and work with students in their local area. Christine lives in Des Moines and works with all of the students from central Iowa!
6. We're rooting for you to get an amazing standardized test score.
Whether it's the ACT or the SAT, we want you to get that scholarship, too!
7. We love how you keep us young.
Wait"”what does "lit" mean again?
8. We genuinely want you to find your perfect college fit.
We want you to find the college that you're excited to call home, no matter where it is. Our job is to help you get there!
9. We want you to keep us updated on your college decision.
It might feel like you're breaking up with us, but don't worry if your college choice is another institution. We are going to be super proud of you and your no future no matter what. (Aww!)