The Luther College Campus Visit Award
Visit Luther College and receive a scholarship worth $1,000 per year!
Prospective students who attend an Admissions-sponsored campus visit the year prior to enrolling will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship, renewable through their fourth year.
What is an “Admissions-Sponsored Visit”?
- Visits may take place either before or after admission to Luther College
- Any on-campus visit scheduled with the Luther Admissions Office qualifies. Examples include, but are not limited to: individual visits, such as Norse for a Day and Blue and White Saturdays; and visit events, such as Academic Showcase Day, Explore Luther Day, and Private College Week.
- Walk-in visits that include Admissions-led tours and other activities qualify.
- During their visit, students must check in with Admissions Office staff to ensure they are recorded as “attended.”
- Visits that do not qualify include: phone appointments, virtual info sessions, off-campus events, self-guided tours, personal visits to current students without Admissions-led activities, orientation and registration events, individual meetings with other Luther departments (such as Athletics and Financial Services) that do not include Admissions-led activities.
What does “the year prior to enrollment” mean?
A campus visit may be eligible if it takes place on the following dates:
- For first-year students entering directly from high school: from January 1, 2023 through May 31, 2024.
- For transfer students entering Spring 2024: from January 1, 2023 through December 15, 2023.
- For transfer students entering Fall 2024: from January 1, 2023 through May 31, 2024.
- Only admitted students will receive the award.
- Only one Campus Visit Award will be awarded to any student, regardless of how many times they visit Luther College.
- Awards will appear on our Financial Aid Award Letter.
- Awards are disbursed evenly over Fall and Spring semesters.
- The Campus Visit Award cannot be combined with a full-tuition scholarship.
Contact the Luther College Admissions Office! We’ll be glad to answer your questions.