Luther to present art exhibit featuring works by 15 art alumni
October 11, 2018
An art exhibit featuring works made by 15 Luther College art alumni will be on display through Nov. 1 in the Union Gallery of the Dahl Centennial Union on the Luther campus.
The exhibit is open to the public with no charge for admission.
This year’s alumni exhibition features works created by artists who have pieces currently in the Luther College Fine Arts Collection and also are celebrating reunions at this year’s Homecoming. The show will include painting, ceramic, photography and printmaking. A reception honoring the artists will be held 2-3:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27, in Dahl Centennial Union.
· Class of 1943, Fridtjof Schroder
· Class of 1963, Richard Scherubel, Phyllis (Dankers) Yes
· Class of 1968, Wendell Arneson, Joan Elizabeth (Hallanger) Menocal, Donald Hunt, Josiah Tlou
· Class of 1973, Carl Homstad
· Class of 1983, Nate Tuff
· Class of 1998, Mat Rude
· Class of 2008, Aaron Lurth
· Class of 2013, Phoebe Jan-McMahon, Robby Scott
A national liberal arts college with an enrollment of 2,005, Luther offers an academic curriculum that leads to the Bachelor of Arts degree in more than 60 majors and pre-professional programs. For more information about Luther visit the college’s website: http://www.luther.edu.