Work with a team of staff and volunteers to plan, implement, market and evaluate the horticulture education program in Woodbury County. Master Gardener Program Coordinator responsibilities are summarized as: Under general supervision, conducts programs to clients and works with volunteers. Adapts lessons and materials; organizes special program groups; and assists with planning, directing and coordinating educational programs to specifically identified audiences.
Please send application, resume and letter of interest to Molly Hewitt at [email protected]. For more information, please call 712-276-2157.
This is a full time position (40hrs/week) with benefits.
Supervision is provided by the Woodbury County Program Coordinator and Regional Director.
Hourly wage dependent on education and experience.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Consumer Horticulture
- Volunteer Management
- Community Involvement
- Assist with Siouxland Garden Show
- Identify Funding Sources
- Meet with Local Producers and Regional Foods Partners
- Marketing of Regional Foods; Increase Awareness of Local Foods
- Meet Grant Goals of Regional Flavors Program
- Degree required (Horticulture or similar)
- Master Gardener or willingness to become Master Gardener
- Efficient written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with public on yard and garden problems
- Work independently, but with direction from others
- Experience in working with volunteers
- Experience teaching and organizing events
For more information: https://www.extension.iastate.edu/woodbury/news/employment-opportunity-full-time-master-gardenerregional-foods-coordinator