Carleton College is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator for their Center for Community and Civic Engagement (CCCE).
Job Requirements include:
- Support students’ learning and community and civic engagement.
- Assist in the development, enrichment and integration of fellowships, internships and student research opportunities that can flow to and from courses and co-curricular programs.
- Assist in developing and sustaining Food & Sustainability and Health pathways.
- Recruit, oversee and mentor student workers, volunteers and student organizations within the sustainability, food, health and community development issue areas.
- Monitor the budget for the issue areas that the position is supporting.
- Serve as the liaison between the CCCE and Carleton’s Sustainability office.
- Collaborate with the Career Center and Fellowships Office to connect students with civically-engaged internship opportunities, as well as mentor the cohort of Summer Community-Engaged Fellows/Interns.
- Provide leadership and support to the Carleton Student Farm.
- Work closely with community partners on and off-campus.
- Support the Center’s work on inclusion, diversity, dialogue across difference and global issues (these include migration and refugee issues, peace, conflict and social justice and equality issues) in close collaboration with the CCCE director.
- Assist with the Center’s communications, public relations and fundraising.
- As one of the key members of the professional staff for the CCCE, the program coordinator will also have some administrative responsibilities. These include: supervising several students (“CCCE Student Fellows”) in the areas of Health, Food, Sustainability and Community Development.
- The program coordinator will also play a central role, along with other CCCE professional staff, in hiring and training of program directors (students who coordinate co-curricular volunteer programs), as well as in program evaluation and cultivating close relationships with community partners.
- Take the lead role in overseeing some special events that engage the larger student body and/or Northfield community (e.g., Into the Arb for incoming students, Community Partner Luncheon, Lighten Up Garage Sale).
- Assist with meeting and events planning as needed, including providing programmatic and logistical support.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Participation in the Peer Leader Committee and Environmental Advisory Committee
- Co-coordination of the Zero Waste Taskforce, in collaboration with the Sustainability Office
- This position reports to the Director and supervises student workers and volunteers.
To learn more about this position and apply online, visit Carleton College's Job Posting Website.