REAP Food Group is a non-profit organization in Madison Wisconsin that nourishes links between land and table to grow a healthful, just, and sustainable local food system. REAP manages a robust Farm to School Program in the Madison Metropolitan School District that brings fresh, local, sustainably produced food to K-12 students, establishes reliable markets for local farms using sustainable agriculture practices, and provides hands-on education in Madison classrooms. REAP is seeking a Farm to School Education Coordinator who is passionate about local, sustainable food and inspiring children to eat healthy and know where their food comes from. The Farm to School Education Coordinator will manage the Farm to School educational curriculum and programs, deliver direct education in classrooms, and provide management and training to REAP Farm to School educators. Additionally, the Farm to School Education Coordinator will work directly with teachers, area chefs, local farmers, and other community organizations to develop a robust educational program. The Coordinator will also manage farm to school volunteers, plan educational farm to school events, and provide general programmatic support.
Required skills and qualifications
- At least two years experience working in a supervisory role.
- Strong interpersonal relationship and problem-solving skills in a team setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Exceptional organizational and record keeping skills.
- Experience working with teachers and school administrators in K-12 school settings.
- Experience teaching and working with K-12 students in a school setting.
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Knowledge and skills to effectively interact with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity.
- Experience building strong, collaborative community relationships.
- Creativity, flexibility, and a desire to improve the program through innovation.
- Familiarity with and passion for sustainable agriculture, local food systems, and farm to school programs.
Appointment Type / Salary
This is a full-time position, includes health and dental insurance, vacation and paid time off benefits. Salary range commensurate with experience: $32,000-$35,000.
Application Procedure and Deadline
Please submit the following as your application package:
- A cover letter including a statement on how your experiences, relationships and interests align with the job requirements
- Your resume
- Three professional references
Mail or email packet to: Natasha Smith, Farm to School Program Director REAP Food Group 306 E. Wilson St. #2W Madison, WI 53703 [email protected]
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified.
Read the full position description and additional details on the REAP Job Posting webpage.