Purpose of the position is to foster a campus wide culture of sustainability by developing a comprehensive sustainability strategy that involves students, faculty, staff, and the community while addressing the educational and operational facets of the University.
- Develop and implement sustainability initiatives.
- Provide support to existing sustainability programs.
- Identify partners and cultivate relationships that support a team approach to sustainability across diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Collaborate to garner buy in for new initiatives.
- Plan and coordinate campus wide events and activities related to sustainability including Earth/Arbor Day celebrations, Campus Sustainability Day, recycling, etc.
- Provide technical support and expertise on multiple areas of sustainability. Identify best practices and adapt them to the needs of NKU.
- Prioritize projects and make recommendations based on impact, financial feasibility, and alignment with university’s goals. Perform cost/benefit analysis of potential projects and initiatives.
- Serve as a central information source for all sustainability related activities on campus.
- Communicate NKU’s sustainability efforts using multiple channels on campus and in the surrounding community to drive awareness and engagement.
- Present to groups of varying sizes as needed.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate campus sustainability metrics.
- Work with other departments on campus to gather necessary information.
- Prepare and submit required reports to selected benchmarking organizations.
- Ensure all reports required by American College and University Presidents’ Climate Commitment (ACUPCC) are completed and submitted.
- Identify, apply for, and administer grants related to sustainability
Bachelor’s degree in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Engineering, Architecture, Design, Education or related field and 4 years of related experience is required.
- Knowledge about a wide array of sustainability issues
- Develops effective collaborations with diverse partners
- Communicates clearly in multiple formats and to audiences of differing sizes and makeups
- Identifies, acquires, and analyzes pertinent data to drive decisions and recommendations
- Prioritizes assignments and balances multiple responsibilities
- Comfortable leading or supporting initiatives as the situation requires
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and standard office equipment
- LEED AP or similar certification desirable but not required.
A Resume, Cover Letter, and References are needed to apply for this position. Visit the official Northern Kentucky University Jobs page for the link to apply.