To reduce the number of cars brought to campus, introduce sustainable transportation, provide a cost-effective alternative to car ownership, and to provide a great service to the local community, Luther has partnered up with UhaulCarShare to bring a car sharing program to campus.
Luther College students, faculty, and staff, along with Decorah community members, can drive self-service cars by the hour or day, 24/7. Gas, maintenance/roadside assistance, insurance and parking are all included. Use UhaulCarShare for errands, shuttling friends to the airport, shopping, or quick road trips any time of the day or night.
Luther College’s UHaulCarShare Program features a 2013 Nissan Cube located in the Library Parking lot that is open for rentals to anyone with an account. The car is available for rentals 24/7 at a rate of $4.95/hour plus a small mileage fee or for the entire day for $62. When the car is booked for an entire day it includes 180 miles free of charge. UHaulCarShare will only bill you for what you use. Those who use the car do not pay for gas or for insurance. All of these features are included at no extra charge.
1. Go to UhaulCarShare.com on your computer or mobile device
2. Choose the vehicle you want and the time you need.
3. Fill out your information (This will make you an account so this step can be skipped for future reservations)
4. Upon picking the car up for your first reservation you will be asked to take a picture of your license and a picture of yourself with your license.
1. Go to UHaulCarShare.com on your computer or mobile device
2. Find the Car nearest you
3. Select your desired date and time
4. When the time of your reservation approaches, login and complete the brief verification process (picture of license and picture of yourself with license)
5. Follow the brief damage and odometer checks and you’re all set to drive!