Greetings! I hope you had a delicious and restful Thanksgiving break. I am grateful for everything you do. Before you get too busy, please take two minutes to read these important updates.
What's New & Good
- Academic landing pages: We know that academic landing pages are some of the most important pages on a college website. So we've created a design that is more visual and interactive and highlights distinctive features of each program. Here is a list of sites that have moved to the new design:
- Visit Luther page: One of our main goals in marketing is to invite prospective students and their influencers to schedule a campus visit. As such, we spent some time this fall designing a new Visit Luther page. It includes a fun timeline of what to expect during an individual visit and on a preview day and has clear calls to action.
- Coming soon: Early next year, we'll release a New Students website for the entering class of 2017. It will include an interactive checklist and will simplify the processes of preparing for ROAD. Stay tuned!
Help us keep our website nice and shiny!
- Make sure to delete old content that you don't plan to use again, but do not expunge! This ensures that if something goes wrong, we can put it back the way it was.
- When moving content from one site to another, please involve us. We can move content around to keep things logical.
- If you're adding assets and don't want the description to show up when you add it to the page, put the title in the description field (not spaces, periods, etc.).
- Speaking of assets, always upload accessible PDFs (versus .docx, .pptx, .xlsx, etc.) unless a website user needs to be able to modify the content. If you need help making your PDFs accessible, let us know!
Here's what the software team is working on and what's coming up:
- Intranet (phase 1): New student portal
- Intranet (phase 2): Portal for faculty, staff, current students, current parents
- Giving Day website
- Accessibility enhancements
- Reason CMS 4.8 contribution/management
- Web Style Guide: https://www.luther.edu/style-guide/
- Reason Video Tutorials: https://www.luther.edu/web-content/resources/reason/
- Web Guidelines: https://www.luther.edu/web-content/resources/guidelines/
Thanks for helping us keep our website beautiful and up to date!