Fundraisers include on-campus events where admission is charged, the sale of goods or services, or direct solicitation for worthy causes. This form and all required notifications must be submitted to the Student Activities Office AT LEAST 2 weeks prior to your fundraising event.
Fundraising taking place during the following events will need approval from the administrator in charge AT LEAST 3 weeks prior to the event: Family Weekend; Homecoming; Christmas at Luther; Admissions visits, and athletic events.
Administrative approval for fundraising is also required if the fundraiser will directly compete with other campus services. Specifically:
Please note that Dahl Centennial Union is the central hub on campus connecting students, faculty, and staff as well as housing various administrative offices. The Luther community uses the Dahl Centennial Union for a range of services. Because of this, Williams Lounge and Marty's Lobby are ideal locations to promote your event. Since this space is a common area, other organizations and departments may be promoting their event at the same time as yours. Please keep in mind that space/location adjustments may need to be made from time to time.
Campus Organizations selling products need to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Items must be reasonably priced and represent a fair deal for purchase.
2. Items must be quality products.
3. Items must be in good taste.
4. Items must not be messy, loud, or offensive; they must also be non-disturbing.
5. If items directly compete with the Book Shop, Oneota Market, or Marty’s clearance must be obtained from the supervisors of those operations.
6. Items must not promote alcohol or drug use.
Locations for fundraisers can be in the Dahl Centennial Union and Residence Halls.
NOTE: Fundraisers are NOT allowed in buildings that are designated primarily as academic buildings. Any advertising associated with this fundraising, including signage at or during the fundraising, must be in accordance with Luther's advertising guidelines.