Logo Style Guide
The Luther College logos have been professionally designed to support Luther’s identity. Therefore, it’s important that the marks be used in a consistent manner. We need the help of everyone on campus who uses the logos. To preserve the integrity of the college’s logos, follow these guidelines.
- Use the logos as they are provided—do not alter them. Do not use them as the foundation for your artwork.
- Scale proportionally; do not stretch the logos.
- Luther logos featuring the helmeted Norse head are reserved for official athletics teams.
- Give the logos room to stand on their own and maintain their own identity; don’t crowd them with other elements. Examples
- Don’t use or imitate the logo font elsewhere in your piece.
- Use a bold sans serif font (e.g., Futura Heavy or Avenir Bold) if you are associating text with one of the Luther logos. This is the preferred way to create a logo specific to your department or organization. Examples.
- Don’t use a logo as an element in a sentence; just use the words Luther College or Norse.
- Acceptable colors for logos are blue (PMS 294), black, or white.
- Maintain high contrast if using logos placed over photos or other light backgrounds. Examples
- Do not outline the logos; use reverse (white) logos on dark backgrounds.
- Click here for help choosing which file type to use.
Questions? The publications office staff is happy to help. Call (563) 387-1350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.