Luther College encourages our employees to participate in all that our community of faith and learning has to offer!
- You are welcome to attend a wide range of educational, artistic, and cultural events on campus, either free or with an employee discount, including: the distinguished lecture series, Christmas at Luther and other music ensemble performances, the Center Stage Series, events and book groups sponsored by the Center for Ethics and Public Engagement, Civic Sustainability Initiative forums, and much more!
- Employees may patronize Preus Library, with borrowing privileges, interlibrary loan, free online New York Times subscription, and a cornucopia of other resources.
- You will have access to our athletics facilities, including the Legends Fitness for Life Center, the Sports and Recreation Center, the Aquatics Center, the outdoor track at Carlson Stadium, tennis and racquetball courts, and the cross-country course. You may attend on-campus athletics events free of charge.
- You are invited to attend weekday chapel services on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Employees are eligible for technology benefits, including academic pricing discounts, used equipment sale, free personal software licenses, and LinkedIn Learning.
- Each year, Luther College reimburses employees up to $100 for 50% of a community supported agriculture (CSA) share.
- Employees receive a 20% discount at the Luther Book Shop.
All Luther College employees have access to vision discounts through our relationship with Delta Dental. Delta has teamed up with EyeMed Vision Care as your source for quality eye care services. Your vision discount plan is unlimited and provides:
- Great overall savings up to 35 percent
- Access to thousands of private practice and retail providers nationwide, including LensCrafters, Target Optical, Sears Optical, and most Pearle Vision locations
- Choice of any product, including designer brand name frames
- Savings on laser vision correction
- Replacement contact lenses by mail service
Learn more about the EyeMed Vision Discount Program at Delta Dental.
All Luther College employees have access to hearing discounts through our relationship with Delta Dental.
Do you often find yourself asking others to repeat themselves? Is there a constant ringing in your ears? If so, your ears could be trying to tell you something. If you think you may have hearing loss, don’t worry.
- Up to $125 off a hearing exam
- Up to $2,995 off per hearing device – includes all major brands and technology levels
- 1 year of free follow-up care
- Free batteries for 2 years
- 3-year warranty for loss, repairs or damage
Delta Dental of Iowa has teamed up with Amplifon to offer you quality hearing care; you do not need to be enrolled in Dental to access this. Call 866-925-1698 or visit deltadentalia.com/hearing to learn more.
Luther College provides an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees. When you have questions, concerns, or emotional issues surrounding your personal or work life, you can count on UNUM to offer help. UNUM’s work-life balance employee assistance program (EAP) offers unlimited access to master’s level consultants by telephone, resources and tools online, and up to three face-to-face visits with a consultant for help with a short-term problem.
Available services include:
- Personal and relationship issues
- Health information
- Helping older relatives
- Financial issues
- Legal matters
- Work issues
800-854-1446 (English) or
User ID and password: lifebalance
Whenever you travel 100 miles or more from home be sure to pack your worldwide emergency travel assistance phone number! Travel
assistance speaks your language, helping you locate hospitals, embassies and other “unexpected” travel destinations. Services include:
- Multilingual services available 24/7
- Hospital admission assistance
- Emergency medical evaluation
- Legal and interpreter referrals
- Economy round-trip common carrier transportation for a relative/friend
if you are alone and going to be hospitalized more than seven days
To access services:
- Call 1-800-872-1414 within the US or +609-986-1234 outside the US.
- Download the LifeBalance app and activate it using Reference Number 01-AA-UN-762490