Luther College has access to vision discounts through our relationship with Delta Dental. Delta has teamed up with EyeMed Vision Care as your source for quality eye care services. Your vision discount plan is unlimited and provides:
- Great overall savings up to 35 percent
- Access to thousands of private practice and retail providers nationwide, including LensCrafters, Target Optical, Sears Optical, and most Pearle Vision locations
- Choice of any product, including designer brand name frames
- Savings on laser vision correction
- Replacement contact lenses by mail service
Learn more about the EyeMed Vision Discount Program at Delta Dental.
Luther College provides an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees. When you have questions, concerns, or emotional issues surrounding your personal or work life, you can count on UNUM to offer help. UNUM’s work-life balance employee assistance program (EAP) offers unlimited access to master’s level consultants by telephone, resources and tools online, and up to three face-to-face visits with a consultant for help with a short-term problem.
Available services include:
- Personal and relationship issues
- Health information
- Helping older relatives
- Financial issues
- Legal matters
- Work issues
800-854-1446 (English) or
User ID and password: lifebalance
Luther College faculty and staff are eligible for a 50 percent reimbursement (up to $100) on Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) shares.
Every CSA has a slightly different pick-up schedule, cost and quantity of produce. Luther encourages staff and faculty to browse through all options so you can find the program that will work best for you and your family. More detailed information is linked to the farm names below. The sign-up deadline is April 15th, but early registration is strongly encouraged. This program is co-sponsored by the Health Care Fund, Wellness Program and Center for Sustainable Communities.
How To Participate
By early May, subscribe to your CSA (list of options) and pay in full. Officially enroll in the reimbursement program with Luther by completing the CSA registration form which is now available for 2021. Participate in two food education events. Reimbursement will be handled through payroll. As it is considered a benefit of employment the CSA reimbursement will be taxable.
To register, complete the 2022 CSA Registration Form.
- Sweet Season Farm
- Petite Share: $250
- Regular Share: $500
- Market Shares available for $50+
- Patchwork Green Farm
- Half Market Share: $325
- Full Market Share: $550
- Price Includes Delivery
- Humble Hands Harvest
- Traditional Share (Standard): $450
- Traditional Share (Half): $250
- Market Shares Available in increments of $50. Minimum starting credit is $100
Food Education Events
As part of this program all participating households are asked to participate in two food education events throughout the season. These food events are intended to bring people from different parts of campus together in community to learn a new skill while enjoying tasty season foods. The full list of food education events will be available soon! We will host classes here at Luther College on Wednesdays from 12:00-12:30 or 1:00 PM.
What is Community Supported Agriculture?
For over 25 years, Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) has become a popular way for consumers to buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer. Consumers pay an up-front cost, and in exchange receive weekly or biweekly boxes of produce for the entire summer. Some CSAs offer market shares where customers can pay up front and draw down an account at the local farmer’s market. CSAs come in all shapes and sizes to accommodate the diverse needs of customers. More general information about CSAs.
Why is Luther offering this program?
- Eating more vegetables is proven to improve health and Luther wants to encourage faculty and staff in their wellness goals.
- This program builds community, on campus and off:
- Brings faculty and staff together over unique food experiences
- Connects faculty and staff to local producers and the local community
Who is eligible to receive the reimbursement?
- This program is open to all current Luther College faculty and staff who are working .75 FTE or greater.
When will reimbursements be paid?
- Faculty and staff are responsible for paying the farm of their choice in full and completing the CSA Program Registration form as soon as they can in the spring. Upon engaging in two food experiences, faculty and staff will be eligible for reimbursement via payroll. Reimbursements will be paid on or before October 1st. Reimbursements are taxable.
What if I’m out of town and unavailable to pick up my share?
- You can find a friend to pick it up for you that week. The friend can either use the vegetables or save them for you until your return.
- Some CSAs offer the option of donating your box to the food pantry that week. Food Pantry customers are always happy to receive fresh produce.
Can I split my CSA share with someone else?
- You are more than welcome to split your CSA share with someone else if you are worried about not being able to use all the produce yourself. It will be up to you to figure out how to make that sharing happen. If you are sharing with another member of the Luther faculty/staff, only one of you is eligible for reimbursement. If you are sharing with a non-Luther employees, keep in mind that the financial benefit is meant to benefit Luther employees and make sure to structure your split with that in mind.
May I purchase shares from more than one farm?
- Yes, you may sign up for full or half shares from as many farms as you wish. Your reimbursement maximum remains $100, however.
If you have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.