Talent scholarship auditions, including Weston Noble Music must be completed prior to the March deadline each year (March 13, 2020). Musicians who complete their Luther application after March 1st may be considered for a deadline extension. Notify the Admissions dept. of your interest.
Students must complete an application to Luther before scheduling a Weston Noble Music scholarship audition. In addition, students are encouraged to complete the Recruit Me - Music form at least 1 week prior to your audition date. Responses including your music interests and accomplishments are shared with Luther Music. Additional music résumés or pre-screening recordings are not required for a Weston Noble Music scholarship audition.
Register online to schedule an audition during:
1. An individual weekday visit to campus (NEW virtual options available)
2. Select group visit events. (online registration forms for these options available approximately 5 weeks prior to the event)
2019-2020 options include:
3. Luther College Dorian Festival attendees may have their audition completed during a festival mini-lesson. Festivals are open to students nominated by music directors or private instructors. View detailed information on the festival registration forms. Audition requirements are the same with the exception of Dorian Vocal Festival.
If the distance you live from Luther (200+ miles) makes auditioning on campus impractical, the music faculty can accept other options that may consist of virtual meetings, video, and audio recordings. (Check requirements for your area of study.)
1. Video recordings: Upload files (ex. Youtube) and share video links in an email to Jana Vorvick prior to the March deadline each year (March 13, 2020). Make sure file permissions are adjusted so files are accessible to anyone. Files will be shared with the appropriate faculty in the Music department for review.
2. Virtual Auditions are possible and appointments can be arranged.
3. Audition recordings on CD's, DVD's or flash drive may be sent & must be postmarked prior to the deadline.
Mail submissions to:
Admissions Office - Attn: Jana Vorvick
700 College Drive
Decorah, IA 52101