Keys to the Multimedia Lab, Studio, Control Room, and Storage Room are on the keyboard behind the Circulation Desk. Read the last bullet point to learn about cameras checked out from the Storage Room.
Retrieving cameras: The Communication Studies department has six bulky cameras (with accessories) stored in the Multimedia Center storage closet inside the studio on the lower floor. The students in Thomas Johnson's Communication Studies courses will be signing up to pick up cameras at specific times throughout the semester when the Multimedia Center is staffed. However, there are times when the Center will be staffed but the staff are not available (perhaps running an event elsewhere on campus, or simply not in the lab). The circulation desk will be serving as the backup to provide access to the cameras when needed. If someone comes to the circulation desk and says they have reserved a Communication Studies camera but there is no one in Multimedia to help them retrieve it, then we will do the following:
1. Retrieve the Multimedia Center Control Room key from the keyboard (has orange tape on it);
2. Accompany the person down the elevator to the lower floor (floor 1);
3. Go into the lab (which is always unlocked), open the control room door with the key, unlock the door to the studio with the key, and open the door to the storage closet with the key;
4. Allow the student to retrieve the camera and accessories they need (they know what to grab);
5. Reverse your steps, turning off lights and relocking the doors you unlocked.
Do not give the key to the student. We are the ones opening and unlocking doors.
There is no checkout of the camera or items (even though you may notice old barcodes on some of them). We are only providing access to the closet for them to retrieve what they need.