We leave for the Amazon at 5:00am tomorrow morning! We will be there until Sunday, staying at Limoncocha and Yasuni Kichwa Ecolodge.
Before we leave, here's a list of proposed individual observation projects that may or may not be approved:
1) Protective behaviors in maternal cayman.
2) Defensive postures in the fer-de-lance.
3) Bread crumbs: do they help to prevent getting lost in the Amazon?
4) Snake bite: was it venomous?
5) Botflies: a personal reflection and median botfly growth rate.
6) Confirmation of the conga ant being off the Schmidt sting pain index scale.
7) Wasp nests per hectare in terra-firma v.s. flood plain sites.
8) Mean wasp stings per disturbance by wasp species.
(Credit to Dr. Kevin Sand)
We are all very excited to spend a week in the rainforest, and I look forward to updating the blog when we get back to Quito once again!
Until next time,