We are now providing all students, faculty, and staff access to lynda.com for the trial period that ends March 18, 2014. Lynda.com is an online subscription library that teaches the latest software, creative, and business skills through high-quality instructional videos.
We currently subscribe to Atomic Learning and are considering switching to Lynda.com, providing that we prefer the lynda.com and, together, can fund the subscription which is more expensive than Atomic Learning.
To access lynda.com, go to iplogin.lynda.com and fill out the registration form to create your profile. Please use your Luther email address as your username. The first time you access the system to create your account, it must be from on campus. After that, you may access Lynda.com from on or off campus, from iplogin.lynda.com or www.lynda.com.
Benefits to using lynda.com include:
- Unlimited access to courses on a wide variety of technologies and disciplines
- Up-to-date content to keep skills current and to learn new skills
- New courses added every week
- Tutorials taught by recognized industry experts
- Access to instructors’ exercise files to follow along as you learn
- Closed captioning and searchable, time-coded transcripts
- Beginner to advanced courses
- The option to watch complete courses or bite-size videos as you need them
Once you have experienced the software, please complete the lynda.com Post Trial Survey.
Contact the LIS Technology Help Desk (563-387-1000 or [email protected]) if you have any questions or issues signing up or logging in.