A network printer is a printer that is available to any machine that is on the Luther College network. The first time a network printer is used from a computer, it needs to be added to that computer. After it has been added, it is available for you or anyone else to use from that computer. This article provides instructions for installing a network printer on a computer running Mac OS X.
Upon completion of this 1-on-1 training, you will be able to:
The step-by-step instructions for adding a network printer follow.
1. Log in as a user with Administrator access (usually the computer owner or Help Desk).
2. Open System Preferences, located in the Dock or under the Apple menu.
4. Choose the Printers & Scanners system preference.
5. Click on the '+' button on the left of the Printers & Scanners system preference and choose "Add printer or scanner..."
6. Choose the IP option and enter the appropriate information.
5. Click Add. On the next screen, check "Duplex Printing Unit" and click OK.
6. Congratulations, you're finished! You can close out of System Preferences.
PaperCut tracks print jobs based on the Norse Key associated with the print job. In order to print to a Luther printer from a personal computer, your computer username must match your Norse Key username. For instructions, please click here.
Searching for “Add a printer” in the Help menu will return related support articles, though you should follow the ITS instructions here exactly when adding a printer.