Recently nominated for six American Music Awards, the electrifying and groundbreaking duo, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis will take the stage Thursday, Oct. 31, in the Regents Center on the Luther College campus.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis have emerged as a premier international hip-hop duo known for their exciting live shows, expertly crafted music and innovative music videos and media. Their independently released debut album, "The Heist," has broken new ground in the music industry by shooting to the no. 1 slot in iTunes and debuting at no. 2 on U.S. Billboard 200 charts without the support of a traditional record label. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis recently made history as the first duo to ever send their first two singles to no.1 on the Hot 100 chart.
Concert doors open at 7 p.m. and the concert begins at 7:30 p.m. with Dessa, an artist known for transcending the restrictions of music genres. Her new full-length album "Parts of Speech," released in June, shows her wit and reveals her astonishing multi-platform voice. Dessa was born and raised in Minneapolis, where her intelligence led her to become valedictorian of her high school and eventually skip a year of college, graduating with honors and a philosophy degree before she was 21.
The sold out performance is sponsored by the Student Activities Council Concerts committee.
Additional guidelines for the concert are as follows:
· Upon arrival to the Regents Center, concert goers must present a ticket and a valid ID. If the name on the ticket does not match the name on the photo ID, concert goers must pay the $25 ticket price at the door. Tickets are non-transferable and reprints will not be accepted.
· Concert goers who wish to wear a costume must dress appropriately (family friendly) in order to enter the building.
· Due to safety and security reasons, no costume props are allowed, clothing may not be bulky, must not exceed the space for more than one person or restrict the vision of others who wish to watch the performance.
· For identification purposes, excessive makeup and masks will not be permitted.
· Backpacks, video cameras, cameras, bags, beverage containers and inappropriate costumes are not permitted.
· Concert goers may be subject to visual and physical pat downs by professional security.
· Those entering the facility noticeably under the influence will not be permitted to attend the performance
· Waiting in line prior to 7 a.m. on Oct. 31, will not be permitted
· There is a no re-entry policy. Once individuals use their ticket to enter the facility, they may not leave and return.