NordiCash is a declining balance account that allows Luther students to use their Luther ID card as a debit card. By pre-depositing money in this account, students may make “cashless” purchases at several campus locations.
Q. Where can a student use NordiCash?
A. NordiCash can be used in the Book Shop, Box Office, Cafeteria, C-Store, Nordic Brew, Marty’s, Oneota Market, Peace Dining Room, Mail Center, Sunnyside, PaperCut, and Document Center.
Q. How can a student start a NordiCash account?
A. In person – Bring the Luther ID card and the payment to the Office for Financial Services.
By mail – Mail the check or money order to the Office for Financial Services, Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045. Include the student’s name, ID number, and NordiCash in the memo portion of the check.
Q. Where can I check my NordiCash balance?
Q. What are the benefits?
A. Convenience – The Luther ID card serves as a prepaid debit card, reducing the need to carry money for campus purchases.
Savings – There are no credit card or service fees.
Safety – The student is protected against unauthorized transactions after the Dining Services Office has been notified that the card is missing. The account will be deactivated until the card is found or a new card is issued.
Q. What are the terms and conditions?
A. (1) The student is responsible for immediately reporting a lost or stolen card to the Dining Services Office.
(2) The college is not responsible for the use of a lost or stolen card, until it is reported to the Dining Services Office. They will then deactivate the card, protecting the remaining balance.
(3) It is the student’s responsibility to protect and maintain the condition of his/her card. A nonrefundable fee of $25.00 is charged to replace lost or stolen cards.
(4) No cash withdrawals are permitted.
(5) The card is not to be used by another person.
(6) Statements are available on-line at https://norsecard.luther.edu.
(7) The student is responsible for observing the amount and account charged during each use.
(8) Payments can be made in the Office for Financial Services during regular business hours.
(9) Balances will be maintained from year to year. Funds will be refunded.