Frequently Asked Questions

Please enter a word or phrase in the Search field to quickly get answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about financial aid.

Does an outside scholarship check that is made out only to the student and sent to them at their home address need to be reported to the Financial Aid Office?

All outside scholarships must be reported to the Financial Aid Office as federal regulations require that outside scholarships be considered as a part of the total financial aid package.  The Luther College Financial Aid Office will reflect those scholarships on an award letter as "Outside Scholarship Received By Student". 

Other FAQs