The Elevator Pitch Competition presents students with a great opportunity to pitch their business idea to a panel of judges and a chance to win prizes. An elevator pitch is a quick description of your business and/or idea in the time it would take to ride up an elevator. Presenting yourself effectively is an essential tool in the business arena. A well-planned elevator pitch can open the doors to success in your future endeavors. Ideas may be at any stage of development from creation of concepts or ideas to an established business.
• The purpose of a pitch is to quickly get the potential investor’s attention. Let them know what you have and what you are offering to get them to say “Tell me more!”
• Distributing material, samples and/or prototypes is permitted and encouraged.
• The use of audio visual equipment is not permitted. No Power Point, transparencies, slides or audio assistance is allowed. You would not have this available in an elevator, so it is not available for the competition.
• During the Competition Sessions, each presenter will be given a 60 second break at the conclusion of the previous presenter’s presentation followed by 90 seconds to make a pitch and 120 seconds of Q&A.
• Time will begin when the presenter begins to speak.
Grand Prize: Paid trip to Collegiate Entrepreneurs' Organization (CEO) National Annual Conference.
Please fill out the form below to compete.