- April 18 - 24 - Climate Justice Week. This year's theme is "Social Equity In Our Changing Climate." Click here for information and here for a list of events.
- Tuesday, April 20 - Sandra Henry, "Environmental Justice and Clean Energy." 7:00pm, via Zoom. Guest speaker Sandra Henry is the Senior Director of Energy and Sustainability for Elevate, an organization addressing environmental justice in the Chicago area, by helping to develop minority-owned businesses in the clean energy industry. She’ll be joined by Andy Johnson of the Winneshiek Energy District. Event link.
- Friday, April 23 - Documentary Screening and Panel Discussion: Out There Without Fear. 5:30pm, via Zoom. Virtual screening and panel discussion of Jamaica’s latest Dancehall documentary. Hear from the native Jamaican filmmaker, Joelle Powe, and the documentary participants who will be calling in from Kingston, Jamaica. Register here. Event link.
- Attention First Year BIPOC and International Students of Color: The Black Alumni Association has provided a gift for you that you are to pick up from the CIES office. This information was emailed to you and sent to your SPO. Please respond by collecting your gift. Because of social distancing we have divided the group into 6 collection times based on last names:
Monday, 4/19, 9:00-10:30am: Last names starting with A - C
Monday 4/19, 1:00-2:30pm: Last names starting with D - G
Tuesday 4/20, 9:00-10:30am: Last names starting with H - L
Tuesday 4/20, 1:00-2:30pm: Last names starting with M - P
Friday 4/23, 9:00-10:30am: Last names starting with R - S
Friday 4/23, 1:00 - 2:30pm: Last names starting with T - Z
- Attention International Students who are seniors!
If you are graduating this semester and plan to apply for OPT, now is the time to begin the process. The information you need for the process is available at: https://www.luther.edu/diversity/information/international-info/current-students/opt/. When you have all the required documents, please email [email protected] for a review before mailing.
If your program end date on your I-20 is May 2021 BUT you still have course(s) to take to complete all of your degree requirement, make an appointment to talk with Wintlett ([email protected]) about this NOW. Do not wait.
- Support for seniors: The Career Center has added Handshake appointments for 1:1 customized support for our soon-to-be graduates. This link lists the various appointment types as well as the available times.
- Call for applications: The Banyan Impact Fellowship is a fully-funded, interdisciplinary experiential learning program that places young professionals from India and the US in service with communities across India. Open to US citizens, US permanent residents or Indian citizens aged 21-35, with a Bachelor's degree (or higher) in hand by November 1st, 2021. Learn more about it here. Applications due by April 30.
- Feeling isolated dealing with mental health challenges? You're definitely not alone. A NAMI Connection support group for Luther students is meeting virtually on Saturdays at 1:30 pm, starting April 10th. The group is led by other students who have personal experience with mental health conditions. To get the Google Meet link, please fill out this form. Contact [email protected] with any questions.
- Check out these AAPI Mental Health Resources organized by state.
- Follow CIES on Instagram and Facebook to stay up to date on the latest announcements! Facebook @ LutherCIES, Instagram @LutherCollegeCIES
Catalyze at Luther
Follow Catalyze on Instagram and Facebook to stay up to date on the latest announcements! @LutherCollegeCatalyze