- Thursday, March 25 - Women's History Month: Alum Panel: Living a Feminist Life. 4:30pm, via Zoom. Event link
- Saturday, March 27 - Women's History Month, Monologues 2021: "Everything In Between..." 7pm, Livestream and CFL. Hear from four Luther graduates whose lives and careers continue to inspire and be inspired by feminism. Panelists: Gracie Coletta ’14, Wylie Cook ’18, Marley Crossland ’15, and Margaret Kienitz ’16. Moderated by Holly Moore. Event link
- Bystander intervention trainings organized by Asian Americans Advancing Justice Chicago:Register here .
- In response to the recent violence against Asian Americans, PBS compiled this article and group of videos. If you are hurting, needing comfort or are curious to learn, videos are available for streaming on the PBS Video app. Additionally, resources to learn how to fight violence against Asian Americans are available.
- Trauma Responsive Yoga: 6 week trauma responsive yoga group practice to help trauma survivors to reconnect with body and mind. This session is appropriate for all bodies and all levels of movement experience. You are in control of your choices of movements and can adapt for any physical limitations. You are encouraged to attend all 6 weeks of the session as they will build on one another. Contact Bobbi-Jo Molokken with any questions. Mondays (March 22, 29 April 12, 19, 26 May 3) 4:00-4:50PM. Sign up form:https://forms.gle/
- Looking for a job after graduation? Do you enjoy helping people succeed? Apply to be a Catalyze Coach for the 2021-2022 academic year! Catalyze Coaches are near-peer college graduates who coach high-need and/or first in family college students to help them excel at Luther College. Benefits include a housing, a stipend, health coverage and an Education Award in the amount of $6,395 that can be used to repay federal student loans or pay future education expenses. You may also defer some of your student loans. A 12 month commitment is required. Click here to apply today!
- Looking for a summer job? HR is now accepting applications to place you in different departments this summer! Applications can be picked up in the CIES office and are due on April 9th.
- Digital Media/Office Assistant Position in the Center for Global Learning: Luther's Center for Global Learning is hiring a Digital Media/Office Assistant. The Digital Media/Office Assistant helps shape the CGL's social media presence and provides office support. To apply, complete this form. Questions? Email Jennifer Self <selfje01>.
- Notes on use of the interfaith prayer space (CFL 205): Please remember to sign out every time you use the space. Also, please only use the space for your prayer practice and find other places to study.
- International Students: Please refer to your email for CIES's new policy on income taxes. We have cancelled all tax workshops for 2021.
- There are a lot of scams around focusing on the IRS at this time of year. Do not click any links in emails that are supposedly from the IRS, even if they look authentic. If you did provide your email address on your tax return last year, it’s possible to receive an email from the IRS - however, they would provide contact information and ask you to contact them. So do not click a link and type your personal information. (If you do, however, receive a letter from the IRS telling you to contact them, then do so to make sure you are in compliance with U.S. tax code.)
- CIES is now setting up appointments for international students who are planning to graduate in May and apply for OPT. All the forms and instructions are on the site: https://www.luther.edu/diversity/information/international-info/current-students/opt/ Please complete all the documents before making an appointment so that we can use the time efficiently. Thanks for your cooperation.
- Annual Governor's Conference on LGBTQ+ Youth, April 12 - 13 (virtual). Sponsored by Iowa Safe Schools. Click here for more information and to register.
- 45th Annual Dr. Michael T. Fagin Pan African Conference, April 6 - 7 (virtual). The conference will explore the intersections of racial justice, political activism and engagement, and financial capital within the pan-African community. Click here for more information and to register.
- Follow CIES on Instagram and Facebook to stay up to date on the latest announcements!
Facebook @ LutherCIES
Catalyze at Luther
- Follow Catalyze on Instagram and Facebook to stay up to date on the latest announcements! @LutherCollegeCatalyze