- Monday, March 8 - Women in the Lead: Student Experiences at Luther. 4:00pm, via Zoom. Join us on International Women's Day to hear student leaders share the joys and challenges of being "women in the lead." Featured speakers include Kelao Charmaine Neumbo '22 (President, International Students and Allies Assn.), Evelyn Montoya '23 (President, Latinxs Unidx), and Ursula Damtse '22 (Social Media Coordinator, Black Student Union). Salomé Valdivieso S. '23 (President, Intersectional Feminist Club) will moderate. Event link
- Monday, March 15 - Women's History Month, Sihler Lecture: Dr. Maurice Wallace. 4:00pm, via Zoom. Dr. Maurice Wallace, professor of English from Rutgers University, will give the Sihler Endowed Lecture honoring women and church music. For more about Dr. Wallace, find his bio here, and read his article “Precious Lord”: Black Mother-Loss and the Roots of Modern Gospel". Event link
- Looking for a job after graduation? Do you enjoy helping people succeed? Apply to be a Catalyze Coach for the 2021-2022 academic year! Catalyze Coaches are near-peer college graduates who coach high-need and/or first in family college students to help them excel at Luther College. Benefits include a housing, a stipend, health coverage and an Education Award in the amount of $6,395 that can be used to repay federal student loans or pay future education expenses. You may also defer some of your student loans. A 12 month commitment is required. Click here to apply today!
- International Student Tax Workshops - Tax workshops are starting this week, and you can sign up here. The fee for the workshop is $5, which will be charged to your student account. Sign up soon to guarantee your spot!
We are encouraging anyone who can to try doing your taxes yourself instead, following this instruction sheet. Bring your completed tax return with supporting forms to CIES, and we'll check it and mail it for you! All tax-related questions should be directed to Clara at [email protected].
- CIES is now setting up appointments for international students who are planning to graduate in May and apply for OPT. All the forms and instructions are on the site: https://www.luther.edu/diversity/information/international-info/current-students/opt/
Please complete all the documents before making an appointment so that we can use the time efficiently. Thanks for your cooperation.
- Annual Governor's Conference on LGBTQ+ Youth, April 12 - 13 (virtual). Sponsored by Iowa Safe Schools. Click here for more information and to register.
- 45th Annual Dr. Michael T. Fagin Pan African Conference, April 6 - 7 (virtual). The conference will explore the intersections of racial justice, political activism and engagement, and financial capital within the pan-African community. Click here for more information and to register.
- Workshop Wednesdays has changed to CAE Academic Success Workshops. Different topics are covered each week. Every Tuesday at 10 a.m., starting March 9, via Zoom. Click the links for all details.
- Luther’s FAFSA deadline is March 15th. If you are a U.S. citizen or DACA be sure to renew your FAFSA. Click here to begin the renewal process. (International students do not have to complete the FAFSA)
- International students are being reminded to check with Wintlett and Clara before making any decision that is likely to affect your immigration status. Always ask, do not assume.
- Intersectional Feminists Club has extended their deadline to audition for Everything in Between Monologues to March 7th. The Monologues is a collection of stories about gender, sexuality, and race submitted by Luther students. To audition, click here. All gender identities and sexualities may audition. For questions, email [email protected].
- Follow CIES on Instagram and Facebook to stay up to date on the latest announcements!
Facebook @ LutherCIES
Catalyze at Luther
- Follow Catalyze on Instagram and Facebook to stay up to date on the latest announcements! @LutherCollegeCatalyze