Request for Housing or Dining Accommodations

Housing Accommodations

Requests for accommodations in on campus housing should be made to the Disability Services Coordinator in the Student Academic Support Center (SASC). The request process has two required steps.

1. Submit the online Request for Disability Services form:

2. The student must provide documentation from a licensed, qualified professional that substantiates that he or she has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity and that the requested accommodation is necessary to afford the student equal access.

When the above request and documentation have been received by the SASC, it will be reviewed and a recommendation will be sent directly to Residence Life.

Dining Accommodations

In the case of dining accommodations, the student will be required to meet with the college’s dietitian, Anne Blocker (phone 563-387-1045) to review the request and examine alternatives. A cafeteria tour by the Director of Dining Services will also need to be completed to make sure student is fully aware of all food options/ingredients in the cafeteria.

In all cases, it is the primary goal of Luther College to assure that documented needs are met while keeping the student involved in regular campus life as much as possible.