I hope you were able to make it back to the beautiful Luther College campus for Homecoming this year! If you weren’t able to, this is what you missed:
● The Luther College Distinguished Service Award ceremony and Class of 1966 reunion gift presentation was held during the alumni dinner. Distinguished Service Award recipients are Debra A. Wilson ’71, Peggy A. Brenden ’76, Steven Schaver ’76, Peter A. Espinosa ’81, Rolf Brekken ’91, and Caroline Worra ’91.
● The traditional Luther Homecoming Parade
● The Luther College Jazz Band, Luther College Jazz Combo, and Luther College Jazz Orchestra performed under the direction of Juan Tony Guzmán ’90, associate professor of music, and Jon Ailabouni ’10, adjunct music faculty.
● Kara (Peterson) Whittaker ’96 gave this year's Hoslett Memorial Lecture, “Migrations of an Ornithologist Across Ecosystems and Disciplines.”
● The Luther vs. Nebraska-Wesleyan University football game
● The Athletic Hall of Fame ceremony