Dear Class of 2008 Classmates,
Our 10-year reunion is fast approaching! It is hard to believe in less than a handful of months, Homecoming will be here, and along with it, a number of reunions including our own. While we all have had changes in our lives over the course of the past 10 years, we still all have the same love for Luther. It shouldn’t be a surprise that some things have changed at Luther since we graduated. I jotted down a couple of the big projects that have occurred on campus since our graduation.
· Sampson Hoffland Laboratories built in 2008
· Wind turbine and solar array installation in 2011 and 2013 respectively
· Cafeteria renovation in 2013
· Aquatic Center added to campus in 2013
· Blue turf added to Carlson Stadium in 2017
I’m sure there are other things that I am forgetting as it seems like every time I go to campus, I find something that I missed on my previous visit. I hope to see a lot of you on campus for Homecoming and the 10-year class reunion. It will be great to see many familiar faces in October!
Our class will gather at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 27, at Luna Valley Farm owned by classmate, Maren (Stumme) Beard ’08 and Tom Beard, to celebrate our reunion. It is a stunning setting and we look forward to seeing all of you!
Key Homecoming/Reunion events:
Friday, October 26
• 6:30 p.m. Alumni Dinner and Presentation of the Distinguished Service Awards, Dahl Centennial Union Dining Hall ($30 per person)
Saturday, October 27
• 10:00 a.m. Homecoming parade, Water Street to campus
• 1:00 p.m. Homecoming football game, Carlson Stadium
• 5:00 p.m. Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Noble Recital Hall, Jenson-Noble Hall of Music
• 6:00 p.m. Class Reunion Reception and Pizza Dinner, Luna Valley Farm, ($25 per person, free for kids)
Registration: Online at luther.edu/homecoming or use the enclosed form.
Finally, did you know that you can update your info on the Online Alumni Directory: luther.edu/ alumni/directory? If you do not already have a username and password, an account can be created by contacting the Luther Technology Help Desk at (563) 387-1000.
Hope to see you in October!
2008 Class Agent
421 N. Phillips Avenue, Apt. 209
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
2008 Class Agent
722 Grand Avenue, Unit C
Saint Paul, MN 55105