Dear Class of 1993,
And just like that….25 years have passed since we crossed the Luther College commencement stage, shook President Anderson’s hand, held our new diplomas tight, hugged our friends tighter, and ventured out to create new adventures.
Some things have changed and some have stayed the same. Maybe we’re a bit grayer, but along with that comes wisdom, right? The campus has changed in some ways, but retains the beauty and the “pull” that brought us together in the first place. And I am certain what is unchanged is that we all have a GREAT time when we are together!
To prove this point, we will celebrate our 25-year class reunion in Decorah from October 26-28 this coming fall. This is a big, signature reunion and I am so hopeful each of you will plan to attend. The reunion committee has been working on plans. These will continue to evolve over the summer, but a few highlights:
· On Friday evening, classmates Erik Beguin and Anjie Shutts will receive Distinguished Service Awards at the alumni dinner. Congratulations, Erik and Anjie!
· Following the alumni dinner join us at T-Bock's Underground starting at 8:00 p.m. Thanks to the Reunion Committee for organizing this informal kick-off!
· We will meet at Pulpit Rock Brewing Company on Saturday morning to watch the parade and enjoy the special “1993” craft beer that our friend and classmate Mark Bjerke is creating just for us! Big thanks to Mark!
· It wouldn’t be Homecoming without the football game – 1:00 p.m.!
· The Athletic Hall of Fame will induct two of our classmates on Saturday at 5:00 p.m. – Barbara (Wagamon) Aamodt and Maureen (Silberstein) Awtry. Great job, Barb and Maureen!
· The 25th reunion dinner will be held on Saturday evening at Oneota Golf and Country Club. ‘80s music, anyone?!?
…and more to follow!!
I have three requests for you!
1. Please make plans to join us! Registration is online at luther.edu/homecoming or use the enclosed form.
2. Sort through your pictures and send your favorites to Mitch Thompson at [email protected]. Mitch is creating the slide show for our dinner…but so far all he’s received are his pics and mine. And no one wants to watch the “Mitch and Joellyn” slide show!
3. Like and follow our class reunion Facebook page at facebook.com/luthercollegeclassof1993. This is where a good deal of information and updates are being shared and will continue to be in the months leading up to the reunion.
Truly hope to see you there!
1993 Class Agents:
Joellyn (Kilburn) Veninga
10453 Misty Morning Lane
Eden Prairie, MN 55347-5023
528 Virginia Drive
Petaluma, CA 94954