Dear Class of 1988 Classmates,
It’s class reunion time this fall at Luther’s Homecoming, October 26-28, 2018!
To Luther let us sing, a joyous song of love and cheer.
May our voices loudly ring, in praise of Alma Mater dear.
May our thoughts to thee oft turn, when we're absent far away.
May we then sincerely yearn, to return to thee some day.
Come and sing the Luther College Alma Mater in gratitude and celebration of the fact that we graduated 30 years ago. The Class of 1988 will celebrate our thirty-year reunion on Saturday, October 27, at Silvercrest Golf and Country Club in Decorah. We have planned a reception at 6:00 p.m., followed by dinner at 7:00 p.m. Cost per person is $30 and should be paid in advance when reservations are made on the enclosed reservation form. Reservations can also be made online at luther.edu/homecoming.
Here are a few additional details about Homecoming weekend that might be of interest to you:
· The Distinguished Service Awards will be presented during the Alumni Dinner on Friday, October 26, in the Dahl Centennial Union Dining Hall. Our classmate, David Lietz, will be presented with the Distinguished Service Award from Luther at this dinner. Cost per person is $30 and can be paid online when reservations are made.
· The Athletic Hall of Fame Ceremony will take place before our reunion celebration, starting at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 27, in the Noble Recital Hall, Jenson-Noble Hall of Music.
· If you have lost touch with any of our former classmates, please check out the Online Alumni Directory at luther.edu/alumni/directory. If you do not already have a username and password, an account can be created by contacting the Luther Technology Help Desk at (563) 387-1000.
· Need a place to stay while in Decorah? Check out several options here: luther.edu/decorah/lodging
· Lastly, we do ask that you consider a gift to Luther in honor of our 30-year reunion. This is a great way to help participate in our Homecoming reunion celebration even if you cannot attend!
It would be great to see you this fall!
Soli Deo Gloria!
1988 class agents:
Beth (Hawkinson) Hampton
805 Black Oak Avenue
Montevideo, MN 56265-1856
Karen B. Olson
4324 43rd Avenue S
Minneapolis, MN 55406-4049