Second Teaching Areas

Students who seek certification for teaching may declare a second teaching area. In some cases requirements for a second teaching area may vary from those for an academic minor. This is an Iowa licensure designation only. The addition of a second teaching area may, in some instances, be accompanied by additional Education Department coursework. Students desiring a second teaching area should consult with the education department for details.