Externship Program - Student Information
The Alumni Externship Program is designed to connect Luther students in their sophomore, junior or senior year with alumni working in career fields and professions of interest to them.
Students will be matched with an alumnus for 1 to 3 days of shadowing, observing, learning, touring, and information interviewing. The following information should help you learn more about how to apply and address other questions you have. As always, if you have questions, please call the Career Center at 563-387-1025.
Who is eligible?
- Luther College students who will be a sophomore, junior, or senior in Fall 2014.
Dates and deadlines
- Mandatory Information Meeting on: Thursday, May 1, 2014
- Location: Olin 102
- Time: 7:30 p.m.
- The Alumni Externship Program typically takes place during Fall Break (October 18 - October 22, 2014)
- Application Deadline: Friday - May 30, 2014
How to apply
- Attend the May 1 meeting in Olin 102 at 7:30 p.m.
- Return completed application form to the Career Center along with a resume and a short essay. For a printable PDF-application form: Click Here
- May e-mail completed paperwork to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Career Center will notify student of acceptance by August 15.
- Establish and maintain contact with host once placement has been determined
- Collaboratively develop goals for the experience with alumni hosts
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner for the duration of the experience
- Participate in pre- and post-externship group activities
- Pay for travel expenses to and from the externship site
- Be prepared to pay for meals, lodging, and other expenses during the experience