In force when no health mandates are in effect and 70% of students, faculty, and staff have submitted proof of COVID-19 vaccination through the Voluntary COVID-19 Vaccination Program.
Area of Concern
Degree of COVID Spread
- Populated campus with in-person classes and residential living
Description of Operations
- Physical distancing not required
- Face masks not required. Members of the campus community may continue to wear face masks, even if they are fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated individuals and those who might need to take extra precautions for health reasons are encouraged to follow CDC recommendations to wear a mask to protect themselves and others. If the CDC’s COVID-19 Integrated View for Winneshiek County moves to “Substantial” or “High,” wearing face masks indoors for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status for COVID-19, is strongly encouraged.
- Practice good hand and respiratory hygiene
- Cleaning: standard and enhanced
- Dining Services: 100% capacity
- Residence Halls: Normal guest/intervisitation policy
- Courses: in-person without modified room capacities; students at increased risk may request accommodations through Disability Services
- Recreational and Fitness Facilities: 100% capacity
- Student Activities: in-person without modified room capacities
- Chapel: in-person without modified room capacities
- Campus Events: in-person without modified room capacities. Campus events with large numbers of anticipated participants and/or guests on campus (e.g., Homecoming and Christmas at Luther) may be adjusted to accommodate a smaller number of in-person guests.
- Athletics and Music: Required surveillance testing for all student athletes, student musicians, athletics staff, and ensemble conductors that have not voluntarily disclosed proof of vaccination for COVID-19. Practices and competitions for NCAA athletic teams will follow safety protocols established by the NCAA and/or American Rivers Conference. Additional safety protocols may be implemented for music lessons and athletic teams and aerosol-producing ensembles with collective vaccination rates lower than 85%.
- Employee Work: on-campus; faculty and staff may request accommodations through Human Resources
- Employee Meetings: in-person without modified room capacities
- Travel from Campus: exercise caution
- Travel to Campus: no restrictions