Double occupancy per person: $4,300
Single occupancy supplement: $645
• $500 per person is due with the reservation form
• An additional $2,000 is due TBD
• Final payment is due TBD
· Round trip flight from your home to Da Nang, Vietnam, and back home from Bangkok, Thailand.
· Alcoholic beverages at meals, (the exceptions are the Luther sponsored happy hours mentioned in the itinerary).
· Vietnam Visa fee of $25 per person, which you will obtain in advance, online. We will send complete instructions on how to do that.
· There is an expectation that each person will tip the guide and bus driver in Bhutan, recommended amount to be communicated next spring.
· Shopping expenses!
· 17 nights accommodations in first-class (3.5–4-star) hotels with private bathrooms; some have pools, all are clean, comfortable, and in great locations.
· Daily breakfast, most lunches, and 11 group dinners (see itinerary for exact meals).
· All transportation within and between the two countries: one flight from Hanoi to Bangkok, an overnight train trip in Vietnam, a round trip flight between Bangkok and Paro, Bhutan, and all motorcoaches, vans, and boats.
· Comprehensive guided sightseeing and activities, including all applicable entrance fees.
· Your visa fee in Bhutan $40 per person
· Tour manager, group leaders, and in-country guides to accompany the group.
· All taxes and gratuities on included services, including tips for the hotel bell hops, guides and drivers in Vietnam.
For international travel, all U.S. citizens must have a current passport with 6-month validity remaining after your return date. We will assist participants in the forms and processes necessary for visas to each country; both countries allow purchase of the visa in advance; (Vietnam's visa is available online for $25, Bhutan’s visa is included in your fee and will be awaiting our arrival in Paro). Vietnam and Bhutan both have their own currency.
You will receive a thorough and complete Travel Handbook approximately two months before departure.
All cancellations must be in writing and acknowledged by Luther College. Cancellations made within 180 days of departure may incur a penalty of up to 10% of tour cost per person. Cancellations made within 60 days of departure may incur a penalty of up to 50% of tour cost per person. Cancellations made within 30 days of departure, penalty of 100% of tour cost per person. If replacements are found, the college will refund the costs of the trip, minus any costs already incurred for the person(s), and the single supplement, if applicable. Once the tour is in progress, no refund can be made for any unused portion of the tour.
We strongly recommend that each participant purchase travel insurance so you will be covered for events that would cause you to cancel or interrupt your trip (for instance, pre-existing medical conditions, family illness, or illness while abroad) as well as for medical evacuation if necessary. Organizations we have used include Travel Guard, Travel Insured, or AAA.