Hello everyone! I hope you’re having a great week!
Today’s post is a list for you of ten ways you know you are at Luther College. So, without further ado, here is my final list:
You Know You Are at Luther When
1) People hold open doors for you everywhere you go.
You will probably never have to open another door if you come to Luther, because people will go out of their way to get the door for you. The other day, in fact, I was walking to the second floor of the library, and a guy ran up the stairs two at a time to hold open the door for me at the top.
2) There are squirrels everywhere. And they have NO FEAR.
Luther squirrels are an interesting group. In addition to being extremely friendly and photogenic, the squirrels here have a sweet tooth for cookies, and some can do backflips. I have seen it myself, no joke.
3) People argue over whether the ice cream at Whippy Dip or The Sugar Bowl is better. You think all ice cream is delicious here, but maybe you just need to try both again to compare….
Whippy Dip has some awfully good soft serve, but the Sugar Bowl’s churned ice cream has so many flavors! You need to go downtown and try them both. Preferably as often as possible.
4) Everyone is in a choir or band.
As a result, you know the names of all the choirs (Aurora, Norsemen, Cantorei, Cathedral, Collegiate, Nordic…even Whistle Choir) and just nod and smile when your friends start talking about musical concepts that go way over your head.
5) Because everyone is musical, you hear a lot of singing in the shower, on the sidewalk, or in the cafeteria...and it sounds like an opera.
The harmonizing is especially impressive.
6) Everybody talks about lefse, and you’re not really sure what they’re talking about….
What is this Norwegian flatbread of which they speak?
7) You recognize pretty much everyone, and even if someone doesn’t seem familiar, you probably have mutual friends. Nevertheless, you still meet new people all the time.
Even though Luther is a “small” campus and a tight-knit community, you make new friends all the time, even after your freshman year. Today alone, I met five new people!
8) Your professors all know you by name, and sometimes they give you books!
The professors really are so wonderful, and they're always willing to talk to you!
9) There are so many fun things to do that you cannot physically do them all.
Knitting club and ballroom dancing and research opportunities on the same day? Why can't I be in three places at once?
10) Life is good.
This is perhaps the clearest indication that you are at Luther College. Life here is just plain good.
I hope you enjoyed this list! Have a wonderful rest of your week!!