Sitting in one of the Sampson-Hoffland study lounges for nearly five hours straight working on a variety of homework, it is odd to think that just one week ago I was lounging on the comfy couch in my family’s living room, watching an episode of Game of Thrones (a show which I have not caught up on, so please, no spoilers).
It may just be the post-break blues or the fact that it is currently down pouring outside, but I am really missing spring break. However, the good news is that this spring break, I actually got to take a break from the nonstop workhorse life I live during the majority of the school year.
Last spring break I had an amazing time hiking and canoeing in Arkansas with my friends Anna and Martel. However, I had finished spring break feeling more tired than when I had started. That is why this spring break I made an effort to actually enjoy a real break. I just went home to good ol' Wheaton, Illinois and had a wonderful time relaxing. Here's a list of some of the things (or lack of things) I did over spring break:
- Went to see the new Beauty and the Beast movie with my friends
- Hey there's a 5 year old kid in all of us, and this 5-year-old girl was absolutely obsessed with the original Beauty and the Beast
- Attended my sister's 7th grade basketball games
- I got to relive my old glory days through my sister's 7th grade tournament—they even made it all the way to the championship game!
- I LOVE naps, so I took plenty of them over break
- Celebrated my mother's birthday
- Although my brother ruined the ice cream cake by leaving it in the refrigerator, it was still fun to celebrate with my mom and family
- Crashed my high school track practice and ran with my friends
- Always a must whenever I am home for a break
- Cooked food
- Watched TV
- Something I rarely do during school, so I always have to catch up during breaks
- Just being alive
- I have found that life often leaves little time for just being/existing. This break, just enjoying life was my top priority.