Choosing a specific topic to blog about week by week means that I don't get to cover a lot of things that happen to me. Here's a list of a few things that have gone on this year but haven't made the blog:
1. I got a major hamstring/glute/SI joint injury which has caused me to get chiropractics, acupuncture, a bunch of different massages, and physical therapy. It still hurts. It felt a lot better over January when I was swimming every day (and not dancing for two hours plus doing insanity workouts daily). I'm hoping now that rehearsals for the spring dance show are coming to a close that I can spend more time in the pool.
2. Speaking of the chiropractor, my x-ray shows that I have 11 thoracic and 6 lumbar vertabrae (the typical is 12 and 5). Also, can we talk about how beautiful xrays of the spine are? I'm in love with the human body.
3. I got into graduate school! Woohoo. I still don't know if I'm going to go right away, but it's nice to have that option.
4. I'm going to graduate Summa Cum Laude. I don't know if this counts for anything in real life, but it sounds cool.
5. I've started to really like beets. How did I not know how delicious they are?! I've been buying them at Trader Joe's and all I have to do is boil them in hot water and eat. And eat and eat.
6. I auditioned for a summer dance intensive in Italy. And I got in! With a scholarship! So I'll spend the summer dancing in Florence. Yes, please.
7. I started watching How to Get Away With Murder and got super addicted. I also started watching Gilmore Girls again.
8. For my Stress, Coping, & Wellbeing class, I'm in a group that's conducting experiments on college-aged students to see if watching humorous videos decreases stress caused by taking a timed math exam. We have 38 participants so far and are hoping to get to 75. Oof.
9. Upright Citizen's Brigade Touring Company (the improv troupe that Amy Poehler started) came to Luther and I did a workshop with them. I learned a lot about improv (mostly that I'm not too good at it).
10. I'm trying to practice being vulnerable and speaking what I want. I'm making progress but I still don't like to do it. Also I feel like I don't know what I want. So I just keep trying to listen to my body. It's a smart being.
11. I was on Luther's live streaming where they try to get alumni to give money. I didn't wear shoes. Or have make-up on. I keep it classy, folks.
That's all I've got. Have a happy week, friends!