Fly-In Reimbursement Program
We understand the geographic distance and cost of travel make it impractical for most international students and U.S. students living abroad to visit our beautiful campus. However, we believe a campus visit is the best way to experience first-hand the unique Luther atmosphere and discover how Luther is different. Because of this, if you decide to see the campus and meet Luther students and faculty in person, we can help you offset some of the travel expenses with our Fly-In Reimbursement Program.
If you are a high school senior who has applied for admission to Luther College, you may qualify for up to $300 in travel reimbursement through our Fly-In Reimbursement Program.
- You must be a high school senior who has applied to Luther College.
- You are allotted one flight/travel reimbursement throughout your college search.
- You can utilize the reimbursement program during an individual visit.
Fly-In Reimbursement Details
Approved expenses include flight, overnight lodging and/or rental car (food is not included). Travel receipts should be sent to email@example.com following your campus visit in order for your reimbursement to be processed.
If you use frequent flier miles, a flight itinerary showing the number of miles used should be provided to the International Admissions Office following your visit. Mileage reimbursement amounts are as follows: $200 for 20,000 redeemed miles, $250 for 25,000 redeemed miles, and $300 for 30,000 redeemed miles.
Travel Resources & Recommendations
- Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport (Minnesota): Drive time to campus is approximately 2 ½ hours
- Rochester International Airport (Minnesota): Drive time is approximately 1 ½ hours
- La Crosse Municipal Airport (Wisconsin): Drive time is approximately 1 hour
- Eastern Iowa Regional Airport (Cedar Rapids, Iowa): Drive time is approximately 2 hours
For any questions about the fly-in program, contact the International Admissions Office at 563-387-1445 or firstname.lastname@example.org.