Past Visitors 2002-03
- Parker J. Palmer is a writer, teacher and activist. He is a pre-eminent name in education and vocation circles. His book, Let Your Life Speak, has been widely used on campus for reading groups, retreats and pre-seminary student groups.
- Gregory Peterson is organist and Director of Music Ministry at the historic Old South Church, Copley Square in Boston, Massachusetts where he plays the church's 124-rank E. M. Skinner organ (1921) for services and recitals. In addition, he conducts the Old South Choir, the Old South Ringers and performs with the Old South Brass, Organ and Timpani ensemble including the ever-popular annual "First Night" concerts.
- Dr. Theodor Dieter is the Director of the Lutheran World Federation's Institute for Ecumenical Research in Strasbourg, France. Dr. Dieter has ties to Luther College by hosting January Term students at the Research Institute as a part of the study abroad course on the Joint Declaration of the Doctrine of Justification.
- Michael Carey is a poet, editor and teacher. Raised as an Irish Catholic in New Jersey, Mr. Carey now lives and farms on his wife's family farm in Farragut, IA, in southwest Iowa. He serves in Iowa's "Poets in the Schools" program as well as teaching at the University of Iowa summer writing workshops.
- Educator, community activist and author.